BAREAYA Shaving Brush
Vegan shaving brush. Get the most out of your shaving routine with this Shaving Brush, designed specifically to increase lather and maximise the effects of our shaving soaps.
- Soft vegan silk, optimal for sensitive skin
- Creates a rich lather
- Natural beech wood handle, untreated and unvarnished
- No animal products
- A wonderful alternative to badger or boar hair brushes
- Wet the shaving brush by running it under warm water
- Squeeze it gently to remove excess water
- Rub the shaving brush in circular motions over your shaving bar (available here) in your palm or in a bowl to create a nice lather
- Apply the suds to your skin
- Rinse the shaving brush after each use and let it dry
- Check the temperature of the water. If the temperature is too hot for your skin, it means it is too hot for the shaving brush too.
- Do not pull the hairs. When removing the excess water, simply squeeze them.
- A few hairs may fall out when first used, but this will settle down.
- Be gentle, press only with the tip of my hair on the soap or your skin.
- After use, rinse your shaving brush and remove the excess water. Let it dry on a clean towel before storing.
- Soap and other minerals will eventually build up on your shaving brush. Soaking it in a 50% vinegar, 50% water solution for about a minute will remove most of these deposits.
Why we chose synthetic fibres:
We have been asked many times if we would add a shaving brush to our shop, so we started looking into it. Bristles can only come from one of two sources: animal or synthetic. Unfortunately, no plant-based bristles can create the suds that a shaving brush is supposed to produce. Bareaya is a company that fights against plastic waste. But we are also a company that supports ethical products , both human and animal. All our products are vegan. We were faced with a dilemma. In the end, knowing that a shaving brush is durable and doesn't need to be replaced regularly, we finally opted for synthetic fibres.
Made of quality brass with anti-rust coating.
Bareaya is a brand committed to provide a sustainable alternative to disposable razors. Run by French eco-advocate Marjorie, Bareaya was founded in 2018 and is currently based in Hong Kong.
Whether it’s a disposable razor or a cartridge-head system, plastic razors are used as a commodity for a short period of time and thrown away by BILLIONS each year. They are NOT RECYCLABLE because they are made of a mix of materials. Because they are not meant to last, they are built out of cheap materials that lower their efficiency. The multiple-blade system tries to make up for that lack of sharpness by providing the equivalent of several strokes in one go. This can drag skin cells along the way, which causes a lot of irritations, aka RAZOR BURNS. It also aims to provide a close shave by pulling and cutting the hair below the skin levels rather than above, which can result in ingrown hairs, aka RAZOR BUMPS.
On the long run, paying overpriced products that harm both the environment and the skin simply doesn’t make sense.
Dimensions: 10.8 cm x 4.4 cm
Reusable packaging, yes!
We use RePack reusable packaging, to send as ecologically as possible. The RePack is reusable packaging, which you can return in any post box in the world. Less waste, in practice almost no packaging waste as the rest of the packaging materials is also recycled.
As the shipping costs of RePack - to send it for reuse - are still a bit higher, under a certain amount a packaging fee will be charged. In any case, you will receive 300 points on your Good Vibes Club account after you return the RePack packaging (free of charge). Read more about RePack here.
Shipping is free to Belgium from €99. The shipping is free to Netherlands, Luxemburg, Germany, France and Ireland when the order is over €149. Otherwise, you will be charged as follows:
- in Belgium: 4.50 euros shipping + the RePack fee of 3.5 euros, making 8.00 euros.
- in the Netherlands, Germany, France, UK, Ireland and Luxemburg: 8 euros shipping + the RePack fee of 3.5 euros, making 11.50 euros.
- For other countries within the rest of Europe and the USA, the shipping rates are generally 20-35 euros, depending on the area.
We do ship all over the world. RePack packaging can be returned from all ovr the world. Feel free to contact us for the shipping rates to your country.
Gift vouchers are delivered always for free. Pick up at the shop is also free.
How quick do you deliver?
In Belgium delivery times are normally 1 to 4 working days. International orders will take a bit more time, normally 5-10 days in EU. For express delivery, please contact us beforehand about express delivery shipping rates.
If a product is marked out of stock and you would like to know when it will become available again, do contact us.
Can I return an order?
If you are unhappy with the product you ordered online via the webshop, you can return it. For all return/exchange requests for the webshop orders, contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or +32(0)486341255, and return your item within 14 days from receiving your order.
You can return your webshop order free of charge in our stores in Mechelen, Ghent or Antwerp. Otherwise you can send your items in the RePack, with a post label. The shipping cost is for the client, so you can use post or any other shipping option of your choice. Send your item(s) to: Supergoods webshop, Onze-Lieve-Vrouwestraat 116, B-2800 Mechelen. All other shipping costs, such as customs fees for the returns are to be paid by the customer and will not be refunded.
No refunds or exchanges will be given for packages returned later than 2 weeks after receiving the order.
The right for return applies to our webshop orders, not for purchase made in our stores, where we offer exchange for presents and exchange in some other particular cases, in the cases of exchange in the stores please contact us as soon as possible, preferably during a few days after your purchase or after receiving a gift.
Returns and exchanges are only accepted when the product and the packaging is sent back in its original state.